The Omaha variant has always been present on the GGPoker Network and poker fans can now look forward to another weekly flagship tournament. Four card aficionados can rejoice as the Omaholic Bounty Half MILLION$ tournament has arrived.
Taking place for the first time on Sunday May 30, 2021, it features a guaranteed prize pool of $500,000! It’s a 2-Day event and there are dozens of starting days to punch your ticket for the final day.
Omaholic PLO-NL Format
Structure wise, the tournament comes with a buy-in of $105 and will be played in the PLO-NL format. This special format features pot-limit action before the flop and no-limit thereafter. The event also features the progressive knockout (PKO) variant which has become increasingly popular in the world of online poker.
For each opponent knocked out, a bounty prize of at least $25 will be added to your bankroll. $50 of the buy-in goes to the bounty pool whereas the other $50 go towards the cash pool. The action will be fast-paced thanks to six-handed tables and each secured knockout will also put a bigger bounty on the own head. With numerous Day 1s running throughout the week, players can also build a large stack for the final showdown on Sunday as the tournament comes with a special twist.
You can play as many Day 1s as you like and all stacks and bounties will be added to your Day 2 stack. This way, the accumulated bounty prizes for successful grinders can lead remain in the pool and build up juicy targets for Day 2.
Sell Action With Tournament Staking
Players that qualify for Day 2 can also use the popular staking feature to sell a portion of their action. If the seller qualifies multiple times, the AdjS number will be updated with the updated stack size. However, if the qualified Day 2 player has already sold action, the record will stay the same. Key Details for the Omaholic Bounty Half MILLION$
- Buy-in: $105
- Guarantee: $500,000
- $50 goes towards cash pool and $50 to the PKO bounty pool
- Numerous Day 1s throughout the week
- Day 2 on Sundays at 8.05 pm UTC
- 10,000 chips starting stack
- Players can accumulate stacks across several Day 1s
- 10% of the field earn a portion of the cash pool
- 15 levels on each Day 1, 10 minute levels for regular flights
- level duration increases to 12 minutes for the final day
- Dubbed as the Great Game, Omaha has become very popular all over the world. Poker enthusiasts can play the four-card variant on the network in cash games and Multi Table Tournaments. It is available as regular PLO and PLO5 with daily leaderboards for regular and fast-fold cash game action.
The GGPN recently held the largest online poker festival dedicated to the game of Omaha with more than $7 million in guaranteed prize pools. Lead operator GGPoker has also created an OmahaSquad which currently features Fernando “Jnandez” Habegger, Sasha “PokerSasha” Liu, and Mikhail “Minthon19” Yakovlev.